Monday, February 15, 2010

The Coat


A very long time ago, I was at Marshall's or TJ Maxx, and I saw this little baby boy's coat that I LOVED! It was on clearance, so I decided to buy it and try to sell it on ebay. It was very inexpensive, so I figured I could make a few dollars selling it. I also bought two Christmas outfits from a Kelly's Kids sale that I was going to sell on ebay. I posted my goods on ebay, and only one of the Christmas outfits sold. I tried again, and still the other two things didn't sell. I decided that I would just stick them in the back of the closet and give them away to a friend at some point. Well, all of our friends had girls that year, so I was still stuck with the outfits. Later on, four of my friends were pregnant gain. All of them had boys, but they were ALL born in August or September, so the coat and the Christmas outfit didn't fit any of them at the right time. They were still stashed in my closet.


Fast forward to July 2008 when I found out that I was pregnant. One day I was digging in my closet and I found the outfit and coat. I realized that if I were having a boy, they would fit him perfectly in the winter months. Well, as you know, the rest is history. Here's pictures from our very impromptu photo shoot in "the coat".


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a precious model! Love the coat! He looks so good in anything blue. Your blog looks fantastic. I've tried to "pretty" mine up but can't seem to make it work. wordpress won't let me get any of the cute free pages:(