We arrived in Memphis at about 3:00 p.m. on Thursday. Lance and I HATE the word SURREAL, but there was no other word to use to describe walking into the front door of St. Jude's for the first time. I have discovered that this is a roller coaster ride. One day you feel good....the next day you feel terrible. Today has been a good day, and I have no doubt it's because so many had us in their hearts, minds and prayers today at church. We have not been to church in 3 weeks. That's the longest we have missed church except when Wyatt and Reid were born. I miss it!
Thursday we met with the oncologist here. Friday we had an eye doctor appointment. This week coming up will be filled with scans and tests. Some will be repeated that were done in Baton Rouge, and some will be new. Lance and I are growing impatient. We are ready to start down the treatment path. Please pray that we will be patient this week.
We went to the Children's Museum yesterday, and today we went to the Memphis Zoo. Both of these places were very nice. Reid is not "sick", so to think he has this terrible problem is hard to comprehend.
Many have asked what they can do to help us. If you can afford it, I would ask you to make a donation to St. Jude. Do you realize that EVERY SINGLE thing here is paid for? All medical expenses AND all housing, food and gas/airline tickets. Even our admission to the museum and the zoo were paid for. And because Baton Rouge has an affiliate clinic, all expenses incurred there will be paid for as well.
Please pray for the following things this week:
1) First and foremost, for all scans to be clear.
2) For Reid's eye. Pray that throughout this process his eyesight is not damaged.
2) For minimal pain for Reid this week.
3) For abundant strength and patience for Lance and me.
4) For us to be able to come home for chemo treatments.
5) For Wyatt to have perfect peace. School starts in 1 1/2 weeks, and I am here. It hurts my heart to be so far away from him.
6) For our parents. Their hearts are hurting as well.
7) For Reid to live a long and healthy life once we have journeyed down this road.
We are blessed with our families and friends. We so appreciate that you are all praying for us! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
"For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the LORD." Jeremiah 30:17
Because I am a teacher, I struggle as a mom
2 years ago