Tuesday, June 3, 2014

30% Complete

This past Friday marked 30% completion of Reid's treatment protocol.  The treatment for Rhabdomyosarcoma is 40 weeks.  40 VERY LONG WEEKS! We are on week 13 this week. We will travel to St. Jude on Thursday for 6 weeks.  Reid and I will be there the whole time.  Lance will be travelling back and forth.

Wyatt will be here with my mother in law and my family.  He will be travelling to Corpus Christi for one week to visit his good buddies that moved 2 years ago. He will come to Memphis at some point in July.  His 13th birthday is in July, so I want him with me for his big teenage birthday! I can't believe that I will have a teenager!

Reid will have scans on Friday, June 6.  These scans are part of his protocol that he is on.  Everyone has scans on Week 13 of this protocol.  He is scheduled to start daily radiation on Monday, June 9.  He will have radiation every day for 6 weeks.  We will be living in the Grizzlies House for the first week at least.  I am praying that we get to stay at Grizzlies House the whole stay.  The guy that I made the reservation with told me that we might be there the whole time.  I am praying that is the case and that we do not have to move to Ronald McDonald house.  Because I will be by myself for some of the time, being at the Grizzlies House would be much easier for me.

I have not posted much because there hasn't been much to post.  Thankfully, Reid was able to finish out the school year with his class.  He graduated from Pre-K, and this momma could not be prouder of all that he has learned this year.  He has felt great 90% of the time.  There have been a few days that he has been tired or just not feeling 100%.  But most days he has felt good, and he has played with his friends a lot since school has been out.

Reid on graduation day with his teachers Mrs. Jen and Mrs. Christi
(Mrs. Christi is Reid's 3rd teacher to find out she was expecting "unexpectedly" while Reid was in her class)
LOL!

Reid and his buddy Madden

I dread these coming weeks so much.  I am trying to stay positive and know that this is all part of the process to get to the finish line once again, but that doesn't make it any easier to get it done.  I will miss Wyatt so much.  I pray that he has a great summer despite our being apart.

Please pray for:
1) Clear scans on Friday
2) For his counts to be 750 or above on Friday so that he can get his chemo done.
3) For radiation to begin on time on Monday, June 9 and for no side effects from radiation
4) For safe travels for all of us during this time away and back and forth to Memphis
5) For Wyatt to make it to Corpus Christi with no issues
6) For the time in Memphis to go by quickly
7) For us to be able to stay at the Grizzlies House the whole time
8) Reid has started displaying some neuropathy in his feet which is a side effect of one of the chemos he is on.  He will have some breaks from it in the coming weeks.  Please pray that these breaks from this chemo will undo the effects that we are seeing in his feet.  Please pray that they simply go away and quickly.
9) For our son to be healed of this disgusting disease once and for all at the end of these weeks of treatments.  That he will live to be an old man telling of God's glory to his children and grandchildren.

I saw 2 rainbows last week 2 days in a row.  Rainbows are so beautiful, and they signify God's promise to his children.  I pray that this perfect gift from God, our second son, will exemplify the promise of God.  The promise for good and not for evil.  For a future and a hope.


"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope." Jeremiah 29:11