Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ghosts of Christmas Past

For many years I dreaded Christmas. It was fun because of Wyatt, but it was sad because it marked another year without a baby. Several years ago I bought a Santa chair at Target after Christmas. I hoped that one day a baby would fill it! It's a little hard to see in this picture, but Reid is sitting in it. Sooooo cute!


My first miscarriage was in November 2005. That Christmas I wanted to buy an angel ornament to signify our angel baby in Heaven. Here's a picture of that beautiful ornament.


My second miscarriage was July 2007. That Christmas season I searched for another angel ornament. I never could find one that I liked. At the time I was working at Jefferson Baptist Mother's Day Out, and our boss gave us all these ornaments that Christmas. Every year I unwrap these ornaments, and think about all that God has done. I think about the blessings and the hard times. But He has worked all things together for His good....in His time.


When I was pregnant with Wyatt in December 2000, I bought this ornament.

When I was pregnant with Reid in December 2008, I went to the Hallmark store after Christmas hoping to find something similar, and I bought this! Can you see it?



I can't wait to give them to them one day for their own trees. I told Wyatt about them the other day. He was less than impressed. He will be one day! I'm so glad for all of the ornaments and what they represent. I can remember when I got most of them. Many were at Sunday School Christmas parties where we did ornament exchanges! Those are always so much fun. One final ornament makes this entry complete. Last year, I made my annual trip to Hollydays! It was right before I knew whether I was having a boy or a girl. So, I didn't really buy anything. I saw this ornament, and then left without buying it. A friend of mine was working there, so I called her and asked her to go back and get it for me. Here it is. It represents a complete tree! It represents my four babies. Two here on earth with me, and two in Heaven waiting to meet again. I know they are there. I know that are dancing with Jesus! It makes me happy to know that I will meet them one day. But I am so happy on earth today that my tree is complete. This year I have two babies sleeping in their beds at night. This year there will be more laughter and presents on Christmas morning! I can't wait. I can't wait for all of the Christmases to come!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so very sweet! I know those babies are in heaven and you will hold them one day. But I am so thrilled that you've got sweet Reid to hold now. He truly is a blessing.