Friday, October 9, 2009

Miscarriages and Mysteries

A friend of mine has a cousin who just gave birth to a baby with Trisomy 18. One year ago she lost a baby in utero. At the time (a year ago) I was pregnant with Reid. Finally things were going well after 2 miscarriages in a row. When I heard the news from my friend, I was so worried. What if that happens to me??? How would I survive?

And now one year later, she has the new baby with a poor prognosis. How is she surviving? There is a song by Natalie Grant called Our Hope Endures. It talks about people that go through what seems to be more than their share of heartache. And of course the question is Why?

When I was going through my 6 LONG years of infertility and the two miscarriages, I wondered how I would survive. But others' grief is so much more than what I have endured. I am eternally grateful for all of the blessings God has given me. None as much as my two sons. I am blessed beyond measure.

I am thinking of those, like my friend's cousin, who seem to have endured enough. I am praying for her and her family. I am praying that baby Christian will defy the odds. He is alive today which is a miracle. I pray for many more days for him here on the earth with his family.

No comments: